TR6 - steering column bushing removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - steering column bushing removal
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:52:26 -0400

Triumphants,

        I'm trying to replace the upper and lower bushings on my '72 TR6. I have
        everything out. The only thing that is stopping me to remove the top
        bushing is that there is a roller bearing pressed in on the top of the
        cowl just below the horn slip ring. I tried the ususal ways to remove
it from
        tapping, to banging, to yelling and cursing. But, to no avail. There's
        no reference to this roller bearing on either Haynes or Bentley's.
Anybody
        have similar problems? Suggentions?

        Thanking in advance,
        Jeff Nathanson
        '72 TR6
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.
Web site: www.msystech.com
Telephone: 856-874-1884