Re: Cam re-profiling

To: wallaces@superaje.com
Subject: Re: Cam re-profiling
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:39:42 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
They grind metal off the opposite side of the lobe.  After all the lift is
determined by the difference between the lowest point and
the highest point of the rotation.

This typically can only be done once because after a regrind, the cam is too
thin to do again.  But there again, metal can actually be
added to the cam to build it back up.  That is an expensive proposition, though
and generally not worth the expense.

Joe