Supra 5-speed Conversion

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Supra 5-speed Conversion
From: "Danielle Jesudowich" <jesudowich@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:21:3 -0400

Has anyone had any actual experience with the Supra 5-speed Conversion
tranny from New Zeland? I'm seriously considering one for my TR250. Several
questions: 1) Name of the manufacturer and contact addy (e-mail or land)in
New Zeland? 2)Bolt-in..or are there hidden problems with frame, drive
shaft, etc.? ( I understand that some sort of flange must be welded to the
drive shaft)3) How does the stock speedo work with this tranny?..is the
stock speedo a thing of the past?..how about calibration? 4) What's the
average price for one of these? 5) Is there a U.S. distributor? 6) Are
there any New Zeland Listers who personally know of this operation?..would
it be cheaper to purchase in New Zeland and ship it back? 7) What condition
are the used Supra trannys really in?..have they been rebuilt at all? 8)Are
replacement parts readily available in the U.S. at a reasonable rate? 9)How
about reliability? 10) How about gearing?..low end and top end?..useful
power range?
Finally, there is a fellow on EBay selling these..$1,650..Camplen..anyone
ever deal with him? Are there any listers selling these?
Any comments would be appreciated.--- jesudowich@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.