IL emissions ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: IL emissions ?
From: Tobermory9@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:29:45 EDT
Hi -

I know this has come up recently on the list, but please bear with me.  It's
time for me to take my '71 TR6 in for the Illinois emissions test.  Any
helpful hints about what to do before going in to the test center to help me
obtain passing levels?  I do know that the car passed the test the last time
it was called in a few years ago.  If the car doesn't pass, what's the
procedure for having it 'repaired'?

Also - I seem to recall an Illinois lister mentioning some troubles with
moronic Test center employees - is this likely to be a problem?

Thanks - it's (thankfull) been a number of years since I've owned a car that
I have to worry about passing the emissions test.

Regards,
Paula K