Denver TR4 emissions: final chapter

Subject: Denver TR4 emissions: final chapter
From: "steven@cravetechnology.com" <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:02:25 -0600
My new-to-me-in-February '62 TR4 finally passed. Apparently, if you don't know
what you're doing AFA tuning carbs, it's best to take it to someone who does --
sooner, rather than later.

After the engine rebuild, I burnt through a few temp tags while trying to adjust
the car myself, but I failed in different and educational ways each time.
Finally took it to Kats' in Denver, and they tuned it, took it over and passed
emissions for me too, then ensured that it was in a nicely drivable tune
afterwards. Real nice people, too, I thought.

The good news for anyone worried about emissions tests for our old cars is that,
with only $100 paid to an tuner after many thousands more for a new engine, you
can easily pass emissions. <g>

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO