TR6 seatbelt replacements

To: <MS6453@aol.com>
Subject: TR6 seatbelt replacements
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:23:11 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mitch,

I have had some success in the past with generation I RX7 belts but those
are also getting old and difficult to find.  Another club member, if I
understand correctly, used belts from an early 80's Toyota truck.  Most
truck type belts were mounted flush on the outside of the interior trim,
unlike snazzy coupes that hid them behind panels.  Those belts are generally
unsuitable as they bolt in "backwards" to our needs.

You want to look for a belt that has the female end on a long wire-like
cable, as the floor mount on a TR6 makes any other type impractical.  Most
modern cars have this undesirable style since it is actually easier and
better!

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg