Re: Hinges on TR3

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Subject: Re: Hinges on TR3
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:22:03 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/22/00 10:09:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pleask@mailhost.wlc.com writes:

<< When I go to "Dry fit" my doors to my tub, the hinges of the door do not
 seem to close "Flush" with each half of the hinge. It's like I need a spacer
 between the body and the back side of the hinge in order for the hinge to
 close the 180 degrees.

 You TR3 owners... if you have a chance can you please have a look at the
 hinges and see how flush they are when closed ? (The DPO has butchered the
 car a bit and I don't know what should be right or not)

 Thanks,Pat >>

Hi Pat
I seem to recall about 1/4" or so between the hinge leaves when the door is
closed. I had to do some pretty serious shimming on one of my 3's to get the
door to fit right, and there was plenty of room. In any event, as long as the
door closes and fits OK, what matter if there is a gap between the hinge
leaves?

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B