Re: TR6 aftermarket wheels

To: G Spencer <graham_spens@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 aftermarket wheels
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- G Spencer <graham_spens@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Silly question perhaps (well it is for me right now anyway) but does anyone
> know of any other aftermarket wheel that's available for the TR6?  I know
> the wheels are 15" no backspace, but what else do I need to know?  I'm
> looking for a 2 piece 2 tone  4 or 5 spoke vintage looking wheel.  Anyone
> know of anything vaguely resembling this description?  Call me silly but I
> just don't want to have to go to panasports.
>
> Thanks,
> Graham Spencer

Hi Graham,

In terms of new wheels, I don't know of anything vintage looking, but I have
found that wheels for an '86-'89 Acura Legend will fit the bolt pattern (may
need a spacer) and TireRack.com offers a set of 'TR Motorsports Typhoon' wheels
that look really sharp (name doesn't hurt either!)  As for actual vintage
wheels, I had offered the center-lock alloys that were installed on my car in
'65 but had no takers.

Good Luck!

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield