RE: Bosch Alternator in a TR6

To: "Hugh Barber" <trnut@cwnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bosch Alternator in a TR6
From: "Dana Scott" <scoti@iol7.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:49:35 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hugh,

I converted my 73 TR6 a couple of months ago.  If you don't have the
alternator already, make sure you specify 1980 Fiesta with A/C AND rear
window defogger.  That is the one that connects directly up.  There is NO
other modifications necessary except possibly different spacers on the
mounts.  My old Lucas unbolted and the Bosch bolted right in, spacers and
all.  This one has the exact same wiring, so the module plugs directly in as
does the single lead, forgive me for not know what it goes to.  Fired right
up and I've never had a problem.  It sure is nice to have bright headlight,
play my stereo and plug my cell phone in with no change in the volt meter.
Runs steady at about 14 volts.

Dana Scott
73 TR6 CF9690UO
Daily Driver