Re: Shimmy at speed, non-lbc

To: bstinocher@unipres.com
Subject: Re: Shimmy at speed, non-lbc
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:33:57 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/28/00 4:37:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bstinocher@unipres.com writes:

<<
 I have a car-related question, but not for my TR250 in particular. My Miata
will
 start to shimmy at around 63 mph, and stop at around 70 mph. In looking at
the
 manual, it says that if the shimmy persists at the same RPM, then it ISN'T
the
 driveshaft. Am I to assume that if it is only between these speeds, and not
at a
 certain RPM, that it most probably is the driveshaft?

Brian:

I had exactly the same problem with a 95 Corolla and went through every
possible theory except for the one I ignored because it sounded far-fetched
to me - tires out of round.
After a very long time, I finally went for the new tires and - gone. Smooth
as a new car.
Check out that possibility.

Jim