Re: restrictor valve

To: dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: restrictor valve
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:31:14 EDT
According to STANDARD and TRIUMPH Service Information sheet SPORTS/11/R dated
September 1957, the restrictor valve is as Bob Labuz wrote.  It is to keep
the pads in close proximity to the rotor to minimize pedal stroke.  The
concern was that the rotor would "rock" in hard turns and that this action
would push the pads away from the rotor.  The existence of the restrictor
should have no impact on mild mannered straight line driving.  It would be
interesting to hear from someone doing serious rallying.

In a message dated 7/30/00 2:54:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,