RE: Cogged belts

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cogged belts
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:27:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry about the cogged replacement
belt for the TR3-4 engine.

All said that the cogged belt was definitely a superior replacement in that it
lasts longer and can be fitted a bit looser thereby reducing the wear on the
water pump and generator bearings. The original type solid belt is best used for
the concourse show car. My '4A will require multiple major miracles before it is
concourse car!

I installed the cogged belt on Saturday and discovered a pleasant benefit. I
didn't have to loosen the motor mounts and raise the engine for it to clear the
fan hub and steering rack! The cogs can be manipulated around the fan hub so
that a firm push allows it to slide right through. A quick roadside change is
now possible. I like it when things get easier!

Thanks again!

Mark A. Evans
1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO
markaevans@mindspring.com