Autcrossing

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Autcrossing
From: rjl6n@cstone.net (R. John Lye)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:12:44 -0700
Art Kelley asked:
>Seems he did his first autocross at
>Richmond and has now contracted the Autocross disease.  :-).

Ha!  We've successfully hooked another one! <grin>

>He lives in Maryland.  His car is stock, he has minimum equipment,
>and he would like to do some more autocrossing.  Anyone have an
>idea as to where and when he could do this.

Well, the SCCA region for that area has a web site at:
http://www.wdcr-scca.org/ and several events are listed
there.  The Metro Washington Council of Sports Car Clubs
co-ordinates most events in the Baltimore/Washington
area, and they have a web site at:
http://members.aol.com/mwcscc/mw-axnf.htm  Those
would be good places to start.  If he needs more details,
please pass on my e-mail address.

>He also asked for a list of necessary equipment that
>he would need.

As a beginner, he just needs to show up with his car.
Eventually, he will want his own helmet, if for no other
reason than to avoid putting on the sweaty, loaner helmets.
A good tire pressure gauge, and a small, battery operated
air pump or air tank would probably be next on the list.
Then you go down the path of sticky tires, lighter wheels,
better shocks, etc. etc. - or he could just buy my red Beast
and be done with it <grin>

Hope that helps,

R. John Lye

rjl@gt-classics.com