New toy models "British Invasion" series!

To: healeys@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New toy models "British Invasion" series!
From: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:53:52 EDT
To those of you who care about little LBC's, I ran into a new series of die
cast cars today.  They are "Johnny Lightning" brand, "British Invasion"
series, called "Limited Edition" "First Shot"   There is a '60 Austin Healey
Sprite, a '61 MGA, a '62 E-Type, a '61 TR3A, a '63 MGB, and a '67 Alpine.

In each box you get two cars, a gold one (why?) and a raw metal one (again,
why?), cost was around $9.

I got mine at Shopko, although Walmart carries this brand, I just wasn't
there yet.

The Sprite is pretty nice, althought the tail is a little square, but all in
all the proportions are good.  The TR3 is nicely done as well but the wheels
look a little small, especially at the front.   I did not closely inspect the
other cars.   The box also says: "1 of 7500"  I suppose if all those sell,
they release them again in another color, another limited edition!

any way, happy shopping!

John
Oostburg, WI
'60 BT7
'60 Mini
'80 TR7 (freshly repainted Carmine red!)
'69 AA
'57 Isetta
Etc.