Re: Des Moines Iowa, Tuesday, August 22?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Des Moines Iowa, Tuesday, August 22?
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:42:41 -0500
>There is going to be a cosmic alignment in Des Moines on Tuesday, August 22.
>
>Bob Metz will be stopping overnight on his way west to Denver from the Lotus
>Owners Gathering in Ottawa.
>
>Phil Ethier will be stopping overnight on his way north, driving his TR4 to
>its new home in Saint Paul from its old home in San Antonio.
>
>This was not planned, but seems like a good opportunity for a sports-car
>get-together.   So where can we meet in the evening for something to eat,
>some liquid refreshment and a whole lot of bench-racing with the local
>autocrossers and Britcar enthusiasts?  Someplace with a parking lot where we
>can look at each other's cars.
>
>Phil Ethier    Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
>1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, and TR4 to come
>LOON, MAC   pethier@isd.net     http://www.mnautox.com/
>"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green

I'll be here on August 22!  Neither of my Triumphs are presentable,
but I'd be happy to participate in such a gathering.  We could meet
at Jimmy's American Cafe in West Des Moines (a hop, skip and a jump
from Des Moines proper).  It's decent food, not too pricey from what
I remember, I'm pretty sure they have liquid refreshments, and there
is indeed a parking lot!

Let me know what you think.

Dan

'77 Spit and '57 TR3.