Re: TRF Spring Compressor

To: amdixon@erols.com, jbmills@csiway.com, yellowtr@borg.com, LaJoMor@aol.com, GrubbLaw@aol.com, kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu, aephoto@netacc.net, rjl6n@cstone.net, rgt3000@fuse.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Spring Compressor
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:21:49 EDT
Andy, Jim, Bob, Larry, Bill, Jordan, James, Allen, John, Rick, and others
on the list,

The spring has been painlessly extracted from the TR3. My problem was:
a- I didn't know how to use the spring compressor
b- the A-Arm Pan was caught on the edge of the frame.

What I have found so far in this process (I am only working on the right
side)is that the shock absorber was completely DEAD. No resistance at all.
The 6 nuts on the bottom of the A-Arm pan that are supposed to have cotter
pins did not. And every nut that I have encountered in this process has
been LOOSE. I have been driving around like this for 4 years! Last year
I drove this car to TRF for the summer party and during the VTR Regionals
I drove to Monticello and back. Scary huh?

John - I wish I could have joined you at VIR or Jim & Dean at TRF, but I had
to work... retail is hell!

OOPS!! I forgot to sign the last version of this letter. Sorry!

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1957 TR3 TS21086L