Re: TR8 Motor question

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR8 Motor question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:03:04 +0000
Cc: amdickin@acs.ucalgary.ca, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
I'll throw in my two cents worth and say categorically that they were the same
engine!  (don't forget that it was also used in a
Pontiac as well).  It is typical of General Motors to make as much use of a
unique engine as possible.  In fact there was a special
high performance of the F85 version used as a Police Car.  I seem to recall
that it has somewhere on the order of 11.5:1 compression
ratio.

Joe