Thanks Re: TR8 Motor question

Subject: Thanks Re: TR8 Motor question
From: "Mark Dickinson" <amdickin@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:04:23 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks all:

The replies to my inquiry were all appreciated.  To sum up:

General motors engineering division  developed the motor and farmed it out
to Buick.  Buick refined the engine and it was used basically unchanged in
the Olds and Pontiac line-ups.

The design was then sold by Buick to Rover.  From there it made it's way
into many BC's.  One response indicated that this engine has a descendant
available in the current Land Rover line.

Thanks again all.  I'd really like to own a TR-8 some time.  For now I have
enough projects though.

Regards;

Mark Dickinson
Calgary, Alberta