Re: TR8 motor

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: TR8 motor
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:58:24 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>And you might incline to a similar view yourself Mr. Massey if you got
stuffed $82 every
time you filled up your similarly equipped Triumph <g> I've just worked out
your little
VTR trip would have cost you about $1585 at our gas prices. I've now come
to the
conclusion my 83% Triumph engine might not be such a bad thing after all.

Jonmac
<

As I've said before, I think we pay too little for gasoline in this
country.  When you consider that a good 35% of the vehicles I encountered
were either King Cab Pick-up trucks or SUV's which get worse fuel milage
than the late 70's vintage design I was driving (inspite of all the
technical advances of the last 20 years that contribute to phenominal fuel
economy improvements) and the fact that these behemoths, with the
aerodynamices of a chicken house, were buzzing by and 80+ MPH suggests that
fuel economy is not on the minds of most drivers in the US today.  I think
we are due a little dose of reality of world economics and ecology.

Still, in all, even at your prices my trip would have cost less than a
cruise and I had much more fun!

Dave