Re: TR4 mounts -round or square?

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 mounts -round or square?
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:37:17 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: <CarlSereda@aol.com>

> Anyone have experience with the round and rectangular motor mounts? Most
> parts houses seem to promote the original round ones - Moss USA and Moss
> International shows both square and round and suggests that square was
> designed for TR4-A and is better and they are interchangeable.
> I have used round a couple times .. maybe with square I wouldnt be buying
my
> third set??

Cambridge Motorsports in England sells round motor mounts for the TR4 that
are much larger and stronger than the stock mounts. I have them in my
vintage racer, and others who use them say they are FAR stronger than stock
mounts. They weren't all that expensive either, even factoring in the
freight.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U with A type o/d since 1983
TR4 VSDCA Group 2 #58 (Look for me near the back of the pack)
Highland Park, IL