Re: TR6 windscreen trim strip

To: paul-m@mweb.co.za, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 windscreen trim strip
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:47:13 EDT
In a message dated 00-08-22 12:46:32 EDT, paul-m@mweb.co.za writes:

<<
 I am about to replace the trim strip around the windscreen on my 74 TR6.
 Is it as simple as pulling the old one out and pressing the new one into
 place? I can't believe it will be that easy! Do I need to use any
 sealant, lubricant? Any tips? >>

Paul,

One of my favorite tools is the one used for installing these locking strips.
 I've done it with with a rubber mallet, paint stirrers, whatever, and you
can too, but the proper tool makes what used to be a bit of a hassle really
fast and easy.  Got mine from Equalizer Industries.  They supply tools for
auto glass installers.  They have a tool with 4 different tips to fit
different styles of strips.  NFI.

Soapy water is a must---the wetter the better!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA