Summary of Fan Blade Twist

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Summary of Fan Blade Twist
From: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:07:14 -0500
Hi List!
        Well, here's the summary to my question: 'What about putting a twist to
the fan blade to increase draw of air through the rad.?'
        All replies followed the general consensis of: Do NOT do it!
Reasons:
Could through off fan balance.
Will cause a greater loss of Horse Power (HP).
Could lead to more damage if blade breaks off, because of metal fatague.
Not being efficient at higher speeds.
        Suggested solutions:
Throw machinical fan away & substitute electrical fan.
Install a 'clutch' to engauge fan at low speeds [when needed], &
disengauge fan ay hight speeds [when Not needed].
        Thanks to: Dave M., Larry, Michael P., Brian , & anyone eles that I may
have forgot. Malcom, if your still on the list, you may want to put this
in you 'Q&A List'?              -Cosmo Kramer