Alvis tour

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alvis tour
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:53:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I just got my British Marque magazine today and there is an article about a
British Alvis car club coming to the Northeast US.  They are shipping 91 of
their cars to Baltimore, Maryland. (That must cost a small fortune.)  The
cars are to be from the 20's to the 60's. They will arrive on 9-15, be in
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on 9-19 and 9-20, staying at the Eisenhower Inn.
They will then travel into New England and return to Shawnee on the
Delaware, Pennsylvania on Oct 3, and then to the Brunswick Hotel in
Lancaster, Pennsylvania on 10-4 to 10-6.  They will be attending the AACA
show in Hershey on the first day (Thursday?) where there is to be a special
exhibit field (the stadium?).  Maybe some of you have more details than
this.  I don't know much about Alvis, but I'm sure I'll never have the
chance to see so many of them together again.  I want to at least get to see
them at Hershey.  It would be nice if local car clubs could join them at a
dinner or some other encounter.  Does anyone know of any such plans?  Any
ideas?