Re: aftermarket electric fuel pump - North American listers

To: "aribert neumann" <aribert@c3net.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aftermarket electric fuel pump - North American listers
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:36:42 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: aribert neumann <aribert@c3net.net>
To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, September 04, 2000 10:25 PM

>Does anyone know if the electric fuel pump (square body, on page 198 of
>a recent catalog) sold by J C Whitney is a Facet brand pump? It appears
>to look like one and the pressure & flowrates agree with Facet brand
>pumps in other catalogs. Anyone have experience (good or bad) with
>either the Whitney pump or Facet pump?  THe electric fuel pump that I
>have used for several years gave up the ghost last week and I am running
>with my spare electric emergency pump that does not have any mounting
>provisions (excluding the fuel hose on the inlet and outlet) and I would
>like to remedy this situation quickly.

When I ordered the pump from J C Whitless, it was a Facet when I got it.  I
ran it for three years in my Midget before I sold the car.  No problems.

I needed a pump quickly for the Lotus, so I bought a Facet locally for a
good bit more money than the J C Whitless price.  It has also worked just
fine.

When my mechanic friend wore out one MGB body and built a new MGB for
autocross, he transferred the Facet pump to the new body.  Only time in
decades he ever put a wrench to the pump.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4

The TR4 has a mechanical fuel pump, and I see no reason to tamper with it...