Wire Wheels

To: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Wire Wheels
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:53:02 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Michael Ferguson"
>Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't seem to keep my wheels tight? I
have
new 60-spoke Daytons, new Rimmer hub extensions and what appear to be very
good condition knock-offs (age unknown). I put the wheels on and they seem
tight, but after driving for a bit (in this case, probably 100 miles or
so),
I'll check and they're loose again! Hitting the k-o's with a hammer does
nothing as they're already as tight as I can get them. The only way I've
found to make them tight is to loosen them, then re-tighten. Then, 100 mi
later...
<

You say the wheels are loose but the knock-offs are tight?  How can that
be?  I would lok to borrow another set of knock-offs for testing purposes.

Dave