Re: Ready to Paint

To: pbitton@axess.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ready to Paint
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 21:06:03 GMT
>From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
>To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Ready to Paint
>Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:45:35 -0400
>
>Hello all,
>
>I am ready to get my car painted and need a little advise. My body shop
>dude
>is putting a coat of primer today and asked me what color I wanted to paint
>it. I want British racing green but don't know the color code. Does anyone
>have the color codes for British racing green? Is there a better type of
>paint? Durability, shine etc... I don't really care about the original
>color
>because the car is original to me. I built it from scratch. Any advise
>would
>be greatly appreciated.
>
>Patrick
>70 TR-6

  My own recommendation would be "Brooklands Green". I painted my TR4
  that color, not because it was the "right" green for my car. Rather
  because it was what I consider BRG should be. In actual fact there
  are many "British Racing Greens". They vary from an almost black BRG
  which Jaguar painted their C Types, to a metallic mint green that
  Aston Martins were painted during the same period.

  Brooklands Green is a British Leyland color which surprisingly may be
  the correct green for your Spit. I chose this color because it was
  the closest match I could find to a photo I had of one of the Pre-War
  Lemans Bentleys.

  Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)