Parts quality - Moss, TRF etc

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Parts quality - Moss, TRF etc
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 18:42:53 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>Suppose you can't have everything but one thing seems to be partly
consistent from days of
yore. The service supply rate nowadays seems to be holding up rather better
than it did
when the cars were being made.
On the price/quality issue, if everyone adhered to the Ruskin theory rather
than accept
what they feel is indifferent quality, the message might go through sooner
- maybe. Part
of my top end engine rebuild has centred on reaming out and bushing Rimmer
rocker arms
that were then fitted on a rocker shaft I had made to original dimensions
using the old
one as a pattern.
And the bl***y engine's still running on five pots!

Jonmac
<

My AUDI ran on five pots thw whole time I had it.  But I have since traded
it for a six cylinder Ford.

Dave