Re: Palo Alto Meet

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Palo Alto Meet
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:41:36 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, September 10, 2000 6:58 PM
Subject: Palo Alto Meet

>Had a great time, beautiful weather, my estimate...over 100 Triumphs,
>TR-2,3, 3A, 3B, 4, 250, Stag, S100 Convertible (beautiful) pre-war
>Sedan, Spitfires, Triumph by far the most numerous mark.

Must be a regional thing.  The MGs outnumbered the Triumphs by quite a bit a
Wheels and Wings at Classic Motorbooks.  In fact, the MMGG got an award for
the most cars from one club.  I think it was 62 cars.  This at an event of
over 800 vehicles of all descriptions.

Sue and I did have the TR4 chosen as a Finalist on the judging.  The actual
awards went to more deserving cars:  Second Triumph to a TR8 and first to a
very nice white TR2.  The newest and oldest Triumphs in attendance.  Stand
up and take a bow, if you are on this list.

>I am sure there will be better reports later...
>ps: Casper was the only TR-3 there  :-)

Out of 100 Triumphs?  Good on you.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4
"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster" - 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a
bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.