TR6 bodyshell/chassis

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 bodyshell/chassis
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:27:32 +0100
A couple of months back I posted a question on the list about the
quality of the new bodyshells & chassis, as a number of people
expressed an interest I thought I'd post a few brief comments.

So far the front and rear suspension have been fitted without
problems, (almost all new parts on the front). The shell arrived a
day early - I was at the garage trying to lend a hand with the front
suspension - in a white primmer it looked quite stunning, with a
beautiful panel fit. I have been too busy this week to visit the
garage but I gather the shell is on the chassis for a trial fit and
its all looking good. Hope I can see this before the shell goes off
to the paint shop. Have decided to take this opportunity for a colour
change to magenta. I'd also like to replace the hood & would welcome
any advice from listers who have bought OE spec hoods, there seem to
be so many people selling them, but I wonder how many manufacturers
there are?

Thanks again to all who responded to my earlier posts, this list was
a great source of inspiration, I'm getting closer to the day when I
will be glad I didn't take the easy route and write the six off.
(well, I hope I am!).
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI