Re: Silicone TR3 Valve Gasket

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silicone TR3 Valve Gasket
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 22:30:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 12:07 PM

> AARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
>
> I Really did not want to hear this...for Forty years I have
> been lusting over having an Cast Aluminum VC, and one that did not
> leak Oil, so I have just purchased (but not received) a Cast VC (from
> Moss) and a Silcone Gasket (from Justin).
> Now I have to decide...do I want Pretty...or do I want
> Oily???  Please let there be someone who will tell me that I can have
> both.  Justin??  Fred?? Andrew??

You CAN have both, but not with Justin's gasket. However, the alloy valve
cover I have had on my TR6 does not leak and is pretty. Careful installation
of the gasket will prevent leaks, at least from the valve cover.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U Alloy valve cover no leaks
TR4 VSDCA Group 2 #58 Factory valve cover and Justin's gasket no leaks there
either
Highland Park, IL