Re: Tire Mounting

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Tire Mounting
From: "M Hutchinson" <mahutchinson@aceks.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:20:02 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "The Usual Suspects" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
One thing you would have to consider but haven't is where is the drop center
of the wheel.  All wheels, outside of some implement wheels, have a short
side and a deep side.  Tires must be mounted on the "short" side of the
wheel.  Next time you have a bare wheel, look at how one side drops off
quicker to the inside, that is the side that you mount a tire from.

Michael
(a former tire jockey, not due any respect)