Here's a repost.
From: Westerdale, Bob
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 7:11 AM
Here ya go!
The blower motor I used was purchased at Carquest ( checked the
website, but no motor details...) as number " HTR 208921 " list price
$55.98, price to the great unwashed $42.16.
it is fundamentally the same shape as the old one. I made one (or two?)
"Z" brackets, which fastened the motor to the existing 'top plate' of the
heater core assy. I am pretty sure I bedded the back end of the motor in
PC-7 Epoxy, joining it to the same top plate. ( belt and suspenders) I seem
to remember being mildly confused by the nut that secures the fan to the old
motor shaft, it wasn't reverse threaded, but I think you had to turn it
clockwise viewed from the fan side for removal. On reassembly, I would
recommend bench testing the blower before installation, to ensure good
clearance for the fan blade. The fan blade is easily distorted during the
job, and it is a Royal PITA to adjust the blades after installation. The
fan moves a surprising amount of air, and is not very noisy at all. I did
not have to change the Rheostat or any electrical connections. But be very
careful when installing the core, as they are fragile and prone to leaks
after just minor provocation.