Ghost gauge!?

To: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: Ghost gauge!?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:11:14 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Boothroyd, Frank"
>I bought my 73 TR6 this summer while on vacation and drove it home and
parked it (got body work done, paint job).  It's now on blocks in a shed.
On the drive home it became evident that my Temp gauge does not work.  No
life in the needle at all.  Okay, I can deal with that.  And my oil
pressure
gauge does work.  Super.

Well guess what.  My oil pressure sensor is not plugged in.  IT NEVER WAS.
What I THOUGHT was my temperature sensor turned out to be the oil sensor.
The real temperature sensor IS connected - so the reason the temperature
gauge isn't working is probably a dead sensor.  But what's with the oil
pressure!!!???  There are three wires with female connections leading to
the
sensor and none of them are plugged in and none were on the 500 mile trip
home.  So my questions are these:  what the #$%^&^%$! is going on with my
pressure gauge and which wire is supposed to be connected to the sensor.
<

What kind of gauge do you have?  The stock oil pressure gauge in a TR6 is a
mechanical gauge and if it is disconnected you'll dump all you engine oil
on the ground.  If you have an after market gauge you're on your own.

Dave

P.S. Just kidding about the on your own part but we will need more
information.