Re: window seals and TOTT? with a slight addition

To: "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>, "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: window seals and TOTT? with a slight addition
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:16:46 -0500
As Rob described the tool can be made out of any thin metal.
The trick here is to insert the tool with the clip down into the
channel near the front of the window and then slide the tool
back to the position needed for the clip you are installing.

Since the outer seal is basically T shaped with the top of the T
being the seal you see once installed, it's the bottom leg of the T you
are trying to capture in the clip.

I've found that once you get the clip and tool into position, use a
screw driver (I use a wide blade chisel) to push down on top of the T
which will force the bottom leg of the T against the door panel lip that
must also be captured in the clip.

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com