seat belt

To: John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@ns.sympatico.ca>
Subject: seat belt
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:13:47 -0500
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by John Vandermeulen
>I need advice on mounting 3-point static (non-retracting) seat belts in
my TR4A.  Are there specific mounting points, or is it just a matter of
personal choice and finding solid metal?
Please, thanks
<

John,

The three point seatbelts in the TR6 have the third point on the top of the
rear wheel well.  My 71 had static belts like yours but when I salvaged a
set of retractables I had to add a fourth hole to mount the retractor which
I did in the position used on the later TR6's which had retractables.  And
then I used the largest fender washers I could find to reinforce the
mounting.  I suggest that you just drill a hole in the wheel well and mount
the belts with the largest fender washers you can find.

Good luck

Dave
St. Louis, MO USA