TR7 BFH#29

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH#29
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:08:27 EST
Well, I beginning to think that maybe my particularly TR7, and anyone who
holds the pink slip, is cursed.  I already told you about messing up the
backing plate, and then the snow coming to finish off the chance of getting
any other work done.  Now, as Paul Harvey would say, here's the rest of the
story.

It's snowing, so I decide to build a fire and read through the TR7 manual.  I
reach into the fireplace to push open the flue vent, and the whole assembly
comes apart.  After getting covered with soot fixing the vent, I start a
fire, and then stand up too close to the fireplace, smacking my head against
the mantle, leaving a few scratches while I try to remember some eloquent
Navy oaths.

Then, just to make it interesting, the furnace, only two years old, decides
to quit as the temperatures start to approach freezing outside.  I head over
to my mom's house to grap a couple of space heaters.  As I step up to the
front door, a BAT, hanging out above the door to get out of the weather,
comes flying down into my hair, scrambling to get the heck out of the way.  I
feel something scratch my head, wings, claws, vampire teeth, who knows!!!!
My mom examines my head (no puns, please...)  Are those scratches from the
mantel, or from the bat?...

So I call my doctor who says chances of rabies are infinitessimally small,
but I better go over to the emergency room and get RABIES SHOTS!!!  Great...

I show up at the ER at 9:00pm.  Since I'm not dying on the spot, they treat
more urgent problems first.  I try to talk to the nurse about using ATF fluid
in the TR7 transmission, but she is strangely uninterested.  I finally escape
at 1:00am, with one shot in the arm, three in the butt, and the prospect of
four more over the next twenty days....  Also I have this strange urging to
wander through the cemetery, and I'm really thirsty....

So, maybe my TR7 was formerly owned by Bela Lugosi who still holds power over
it.  I can't think of any other good reason for what's been going on lately!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC