Re: TR6 overdrive does not fit

To: pbrzozoski@netscape.net
Subject: Re: TR6 overdrive does not fit
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:48:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I recently converted my '74 TR6 (CF16107U, built December, 1973) to a
J-type overdrive. I used the same crossmember (the one with the rear rubber
gearbox mounts) to attach it, but had to do 2 things:
1) remove the angled adapter plate that connects the non-od gearbox to the
crossmember, and
2) (here's where it got tricky for me, until I figured it out) move the
crossmember to the rear.  There is a second set of mounting holes in the
frame (at least on my car). you have to unbolt the crossmember and remount
it.  If I remember correctly, the holes that were used for the rear of the
crossmember mounting are now used for the front, and a set of previously
unused holes about 2" back are used for the back of the crossmember.