restoration record keeping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: restoration record keeping
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:08:07 -0600 (CST)
any thoughts from the group about record keeping while doing a restoration?
I am experimenting with a spreadsheet used to list all parts i will need.
One could list the part and in various columns, enter prices from various
suppliers.....then easily compare costs.  totals ect.

Also am wondering about some kind of journal to keep track of experiences
thoughts and happenings.  Do people try to keep track of hours worked?? or
is it too depressing to add up ALL the costs of a restoration??LOL

I have taken some photo's but sometimes find that I get going taking things
off/apart without makeing adequate records.......ideas??
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa
                naffy@netins.net