Restoration costs & records.

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration costs & records.
From: "Stephen Coulman" <Stephen.Coulman@northlincs.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:58:40 +0000
I'm not in the same horsepower league as most of you guys having a Mayflower
(10HP) and a Standard 8 (8HP). I daren't think of cost, even in the UK where I
have the advantage of geography on locating spares etc., and never let my wife
in on the deal!
I take my hat off to you all! British cars up to the late sixties where
generally over engineered and those extra nut and bolts for good measure sure
can be a pain.
If anyone is stuck I can 'research / locate' clubs / suppliers in the UK but you
must consider any shipping costs. Triumph World magazine is worthwhile a look as
is Classic Car Mart.
I use a digital camera to photograph strip downs etc. for long term records and
instant memory jogging. Floppy discs are cheap and easy to store.
Mind your knuckles!