Re: eBay NOS Triumph GT6 Roof luggage rack!

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: eBay NOS Triumph GT6 Roof luggage rack!
From: Heraldmk2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:26:55 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Andy,

Yes I believe there were two styles of attaching the the rack to the GT6.
The one I bought new in 1972 for my 71 GT6 from the dealer is of the style
you memtion that need holes drilled in the rain guters. The one I had seen
and base my order on when I orderd the rack through the dealer at the time
had brackets that clamped to the rain gutters rather that needing holes.
I asked the installer at the dealer at the time about the difference and was
told
this was the new type and the other type with the clamps was no longer
avaible.

Dave
GT6 & Herald owner