RE: Transmission identification

To: "ronald babbitt" <rbtr3a@flintemc.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission identification
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:43:47 -0500
Ronnie,

There is an actuating lever, o-ring and collar missing from the
operating valve shaft near the solenoid.  Luckily Moss sells all
the pieces for less than $5. check their catalog for details.

If you are in a bind and can't find a shifter housing... I have
one that I can part with but it is not drilled for the OD
isolator switches.  Instructions for the holes locations are in
the OD pages of the TR4 workshop manual.  But first see if
someone on the list can help with the right part.  BTW... you
will find non-OD gearboxes for sale all the time for $100-200.
Steal the cover and you get a supply of spare parts to boot.

The type number of 1753 puts it in the TR4A/TR/250 era.  The
gearbox does not have the extra webbing and thick flange that
would make it late TR250 or TR6.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L so to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com