Tech- F. Sway bar TR4 [vertical link length?]

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech- F. Sway bar TR4 [vertical link length?]
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 10:19:39 -0500
Hi list!
        These questions are directed to any one that has a TR4 Front Anti-Roll
Bar mounted on their TR4 or TR4/A frame only [prefferably TR4/A frame,
but I think they are both the same in front].

 PLEASE respond to me off list [so not to bother the other people], if
possable send pictures.
        I own a TR4/A that has an anti-sway bar on the car now. The problem is
that the bar, attached to the vertical links, is 'hanging' down to low
[in my opion] about 4" from the ground. When/if you send the pictures,
would you please send me the length of the Vertical Links, too? [from
horzintal spot that goes into ball -> the end of the threaded link].
When I rebuilt the suspension, I accedently ordered the TR6 Vertical
Link for my TR4 set-up instead of the TR4 vertical link. Which could be
the problem, but I'm not sure where the Bracket Attchment [Moss, USA
part #031-713] actually mounts on the Lower Wishbone Arm. Which could be
another problem, too. I have the 'Block' Retainer Assembly which attches
to the front of the Rad. Sheild, which appers to be up high enough
[bottom edge of sheild].
        Where should the Bracket Attachment [Moss part#031-713] attach to? The
upper part of the lower "A" arm or the below the "A" arm Pan? TIA for
you time in responding.
-Cosmo Kramer