TR3A Main Harness problem, advice needed

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Main Harness problem, advice needed
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:56:19 EST
I have an early style 1959 TR3A comission # TS58399.  Judging by the
comission number and the 1959 production rate, this car was built about two
weeks prior to car # TS60000.  Due to this car being produced a few weeks
before an official major tool change, it is a veritable parts bin car.  There
are a lot of mixed mechanical and as I have just noticed, electrical parts.

I am about to order a new wiring harness but I have a mix of screw and spade
connector applications on my car such as follows;
Regulater/control box=Spade type
Early style fuse box=Screw type
Wiper motor=Spade type
Dash instruments=Screw type

The question that I have is.

Is it easier to buy a late type harness and cut off the spade connectors
where necessary and if doning so, is there enough wire length to cut off the
spade connector and still use it?

Or should I purchase the screw type connector and add spade connectors where
needed?

Or is there another scenario?

Also, if there is anyone else that has the same problem, if you don't mind,
please send me your phone number offline so that I can discuss this further
with you.

No matter what I do, this will make for an interesting day if I ever enter
the car in a concours.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gary Bouffard
Southington, Connecticut