Restoration - NOP Frame prep

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Restoration - NOP Frame prep
From: Dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:37:06 -0600 RAMilwSMTP01/Milwaukee/RA/Rockwell(Release 5.0.5 |September 22, 2000) at 12/04/2000 10:37:08 AM
 I am ready to prep my New Old Part Frame...

Surface rust - sandblasting is probably the best but... $$$. I have the
time (the frame is in my basement next to the woodstove), could I just
"wire" brush/wheel it to get MOST of the rust off? Note - someone said a
wire brush/wire will remove most but will leave some that will now be
"hardened". Do I have to remove ALL rust or will a good rust
converter/inhibitor take care of the rest?

Paint - good rust converter/inhibitor? Where can I purchase this stuff? How
many coats? Note - I will be undercoating.

Thanks, Dave
'67 TR4A CTC 72959L (1% complete)