Re: Tech/Engine- TR6->TR4/A car

To: ebk@buffnet.net, list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tech/Engine- TR6->TR4/A car
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 08:12:54 -0600
Hi Cosmo,

First thing to check as far as the oil leak is the PCV valve. Do you
have one? Is it working?
When I bought my TR4/A, there was a paint pan tied up to the rear of the
engine. The DPO said it leaked oil so bad he would empty it every day.
Well, there was no PCV valve, and the engine built up so much pressure
that oil was coming out everywhere. I bought the car expecting to change
the rear seal, but since installing the PVC...I have not seen a drop of
oil on my floor.

Check the PVC valve...it's an easy fix.

Jim
'67 TR4/A