TR7 BFH#37

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH#37
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:21:39 EST
Hah!  Eventually the cards have to fall your way.  With a $6 thread chaser I
was able to clean out the #3 spark plug hole.  I used a lot of oil on the
chaser.  Some bits of metal came out, but mostly it looks like the threads
were just dirty and corroded.

So I'll be using liberal amounts of anti-seize on the plugs from now on.

Almost done hooking everything up.  Here's a question.  Can I roughly time
the engine with my timing light by turning it over with the spark plugs out?
Will I get enough revs to make the strobe effective?

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 Convertible
Chapel Hill, NC