Another TR3 nut on the list.

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another TR3 nut on the list.
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:00:32 -0800 (PST)
Hello!

I've been lurking in the archives for some time and am
finally subscribing to the list. It will be awhile
before I either ask or answer questions, but thought
I'd introduce myself.

My name is Richard Triplett. If it sounds familiar, I
should add the suffix, Junior. I'm the son of Richard
over in West Texas. I live up in Los Alamos and have
been facinated with British cars for about ten years
now. I mechanically restored a 74 midget back in 1995
and drove it from 1996 to 2000. I sold it to a gent
from California back in September. I enjoyed the car,
but was always embarrassed with the acceleration. I've
admired the power of the TR's and find the design of
the 2-3B to be most to my liking. As you know, my dad
has a 1962 TR3 that he recently restored. Back in the
70's though, he aquired a 1959 TR3A as a parts car for
the TR3. It sat up on cinder blocks from 1976 (i
think) to this day. Amazingly enough, the body looks
fairly solid, as should the frame. Just about every
panel has a dent or ding, some worse than others, but
none are rotted beyond hope. So, the project begins.
We'll be slowly restoring the TR, and I will be making
myself much more known as we begin stage 1. The
restoration will be hopping between mechanical
reconstruction and bodywork, starting with an engine
rebuild. It will be a long road, but I hope to keep
the costs low by buying second-hand where logical and
doing much of the work myself. And, of course, I hope
to avoid mistakes by listening to dad, and you guys!

Sorry for the long post. Looking forward to hearing
from you all.

Richard
TR3A, missing most pieces, 42099L