RE: starter

To: "'Roy'" <techman@metrolink.net>, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: starter
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:00:50 -0800
Absolute agreement. Far and away the best value for these items is local
rebuilders. I have had nothing but disappointment buying rebuilts or even
new starters/alternators for my TR-6 and my XJ-6 with prices up into the
$250.00++ range. At my local rebuilder though, the price per
starter/generator for a complete rebuild is $95.00. If the unit is deliverd
to the shop early in the AM it is ready at 5:00. This can't be beat. Only
once in 20+ years did I have to use the warrantee and that was for a starter
for the Jag in which a new but defective drive had to be replaced within 2
months after the rebuild. I recommend this strategy 100%.

Deano