Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #305

To: <toadhall@pnc.com.au>
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #305
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:07:40 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
If you have a voltage meter and can read ohms of resistance, connect it
between the leads on the sending unit and slowly swipe the arm thru the
range and note the reading.  It should read a continuous steady change in
resistance thru the arc.  If it jumps suddenly during the sweep, the
windings inside are compromised and its new sending unit time.