Polarizing the Genny

To: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Polarizing the Genny
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:48:01 -0800
I have changed my TR3A to positive ground.  What happens if you forget to
disconnect the leads to the generator when you polarize the F connector by
touching it to the positive terminal of the battery?  I didn't touch it for
very long.  Maybe a half a second.  Could I have fried something ugly?
Regulator maybe?  Nothing spectacular happened.  I just wonder what quiet
damage I could have done through this oversight.  Anything I should test
before I proceed any further?
-JP
59 TR3A TS40984  "Parts All Over the House"